Art and Its Directions | Postgraduate Day
The Conference Committee would like to invite proposals for papers for the AAANZ 2017 Conference Postgraduate Day to be held at the University of Western Australia, Perth, on 6 December 2017.
The Postgraduate Day is dedicated to recent and current postgraduate student research. The day will provide a supportive environment in which participants will be mentored in the art of presenting papers at a conference with feedback from senior academics.
Everyone registered for the conference is welcome to attend.
The deadline for proposals is Thursday 24 August 2017
Postgraduate Session Format
- Postgraduate presentations are timetabled into two timeframes: a 10-minute paper plus 5-minutes of questions and discussion or a 20-minute paper plus 10-minutes of questions and discussion
- Presentations will be organised into sessions loosely tied to an overall theme
- Given the numbers of presenters it will be essential to adhere strictly to time limits
Postgraduate Submission Guidelines
- Only postgraduate students and those who have completed postgraduate study within the last eighteen months (including MA, MFA and PhD) are eligible to apply
- Presentations for the Postgraduate Day do not need to address the conference theme
- Postgraduates are also eligible to propose papers in other conference sessions on 7 & 8 December however only one paper can be presented
- A paper that has been published or presented previously may not be delivered at the AAANZ Annual Conference
- Acceptance to present at the Postgraduate Day implies a commitment to present a 10 or 20-minute paper on the day in person and payment of the conference registration fee and AAANZ membership fee
- Ten conference registration waivers will be offered to eligible students and recent graduates presenting in the Postgraduate Day. Information on how to apply will be released shortly
Postgraduate Day Submission Process
- The deadline for postgraduate proposals is Thursday 24 August 2017
- To submit an application complete and email the Postgraduate Participation Proposal Form to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Conference Administrator as an attachment in Word file (.doc or .docx)
The information required to complete the Postgraduate Participation Proposal Form includes:
- Name and contact details
- Institutional affiliation
- Proposed paper title and abstract (of no more than 200 words), outlining the topic of your presentation and proposed time frame (10 or 20 minutes in duration)
- Bio (of no more than 200 words)
- The committee review proposals and applicants will be notified of the acceptance of their proposed paper by 4 September 2017
- Final date for successful applicants to accept the invitation to participate and return Postgraduate Speaker Agreement Form to Conference Administrator is 15 September 2017
Please address all correspondence to the Conference Administrator, email@example.com
Please find the Postgraduate Participation Proposal Form here.