Art and Its Directions | Call For Papers
The Conference Committee would like to invite proposals for papers for the AAANZ 2017 Conference to be held at the University of Western Australia, Perth, from 6 to 8 December 2017.
The Call for Papers is now closed. The deadline was Monday 28 August.
- Conference sessions are each timetabled for 90 minutes; consisting of three 20 minute papers plus 10 minutes of questions, discussion, and commentary per paper (except where noted otherwise in the session abstract)
- Session Convenors manage their designated session, prior to and during the conference, with the aim of best addressing the conference theme Art and its Directions
- On Wednesday 6 December, there will be a dedicated Postgraduate Day
- Speakers may apply to present only one paper
- Speakers who convene a session and may also chair another session in which they do not otherwise participate
- A paper that has been published or presented previously may not be delivered at the AAANZ Annual Conference
- Sessions that have indicated they already have the required number of speakers are listed as full in the session abstracts
- Acceptance in a session implies a commitment to present a 20-minute paper at that session in person and payment of the conference registration fee and AAANZ membership fee
- The AAANZ will be awarding five conference bursaries to currently enrolled postgraduate students studying art history, art, or curatorship to deliver a paper at the Perth Annual Conference on 7 or 8 of December 2017. Please follow the link for further information and how to apply – AAANZ Conference Bursaries
- Proposals for participation in sessions are to be sent to the Session Convenor whose details appear with the session abstract.
- Please do not send your proposals to the AAANZ or the Conference Committee.
- The deadline is Monday 28 August.
- To submit a proposal please complete the Participation Proposal Form and email to the relevant Session Convenor as an attachment in Word file (.doc or .docx).
The information required to complete the Participation Proposal Form includes:
- Name and contact details
- Institutional affiliation
- Session and paper titles
- Proposed paper abstract (of no more than 400 words)
- Bio (of no more than 200 words)
- Brief CV (one page maximum)
- Session Convenors review proposals and notify applicant of the acceptance of their proposal by 4 September 2017
- Final date for successful applicants to accept the invitation to participate and return Speaker Agreement Form to Session Convenor is 15 September 2017
- Session Convenors to forward successful speaker Participation Proposal Forms and Speaker Agreement Forms to Conference Administrator by 19 September 2017
Send proposals to Session Convenors as per selected session, contact details available with session abstract.
General enquiries: Conference Administrator, Vyonne Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the information about sessions and guidelines on how to submit a proposal (pdf) and the Participation Proposal Form (doc) here.
Please find the Speaker Agreement Form (doc) here.